Update: Thanks to everyone who made it out to this exciting event. If you weren’t able to attend, you can watch it here on C-SPAN.
Last month’s panel made the case for wise public investment. But what’s the best way to fund that investment? The ADA Education Fund’s Congressional briefing series continues in April with a “summit” roundtable of leading advocates for a fairer tax system.
When: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 – Noon to 1:30 PM
Where: Capitol Visitors Center, Room SVC 201-00
The April panel will focus on inequities in the tax code and how to make the system fairer. Topics will include the lower rate on investment income vs. earned income; the mischaracterization of high-end salaries as investment income; offshore tax avoidance schemes; corporate tax loopholes; and the income cap on Social Security contributions.
- John Nichols, Nation magazine (moderator)
- Dean Baker, Center for Economic and Policy Research
- Elspeth Gilmore, Resource Generation
- Mike Lapham, Responsible Wealth/United for a Fair Economy
- Chuck Marr, Center on Budget & Policy Priorities
- Robert McIntyre, Citizens for Tax Justice
- Rebecca Thiess, Economic Policy Institute
Lunch will be provided during this panel. Download the event flyer to share.