Update: Thanks to everyone who made it out to this exciting event. If you weren’t able to attend, you can watch it here on C-SPAN.
Last month’s panel made the case for wise public investment. But what’s the best way to fund that investment? The ADA Education Fund’s Congressional briefing series continues in April with a “summit” roundtable of leading advocates for a fairer tax system.
When: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 – Noon to 1:30 PM
Where: Capitol Visitors Center, Room SVC 201–00
The April panel will focus on inequities in the tax code and how to make the system fairer. Topics will include the lower rate on investment income vs. earned income; the mischaracterization of high-end salaries as investment income; offshore tax avoidance schemes; corporate tax loopholes; and the income cap on Social Security contributions.
- John Nichols, Nation magazine (moderator)
- Dean Baker, Center for Economic and Policy Research
- Elspeth Gilmore, Resource Generation
- Mike Lapham, Responsible Wealth/United for a Fair Economy
- Chuck Marr, Center on Budget & Policy Priorities
- Robert McIntyre, Citizens for Tax Justice
- Rebecca Thiess, Economic Policy Institute
Lunch will be provided during this panel. Download the event flyer to share.